DK Imperial CL THE CLEARFIELD BENCHMARK DK Imperial CL is the most widely grown Clearfield variety in the UK with a leading combination of yield protecting traits.
• Tolerance of Clearfield Herbicides Cleranda and Cleravo
• Vigorous Establishment and Rapid Autumn Growth
• Double Phoma Resistance giving strong resistance to Stem Canker
• Good resistance to Light Leaf Spot
• Mid/late earliness of spring regrowth with mid/late flowering
• High yield potential and oil content
• Pod Shatter Resistance
Double Phoma Resistance
Pod Shatter Resistance
• Medium-Rapid Autumn growth habit – suitable for drilling into early September
• Seed rate should target an even plant stand of 25-30 plants/m2 in spring
• Double phoma resistance means phoma leaf spot thresholds for treatment may not be met until later in autumn if at all.
• Light Leaf Spot should be monitored and treated as required.
• The medium-rapid autumn growth habit means a PGR may be required in early/mid October on very forward crops to reduce the risk of over development pre winter.
• DK Imperial CL is mid/late earliness of spring re-growth.
• Ensure the Green Area Index is accurately determined at the start of spring growth to guide appropriate nitrogen rates for optimal canopy size. Lodging risk with DK Imperial CL is moderate and there may be a benefit from PGR use to optimise the canopy structure.
• Pod Shatter Resistance reduces the risk of seed losses approaching and during harvest and will protect the crop where harvest is delayed
DK Imperial CL has a rapid autumn development and mid-late earliness of spring regrowth, mid-late flowering and mid-late maturity. It is a tall variety with good lodging resistance.
Early Maturity: 5
Earliness Flowering: 5
Plant Height: 6
Lodging Resistance: 8
Stem Canker: 8
Light Leaf Spot: 5