DK Expedient New from DEKALB, rapid developing, early to harvest, high yielding variety DK Expedient is a Recommended List candidate variety with rapid autumn and early spring development leading to an early maturity.
• Vigorous establishment and Rapid Autumn Growth
• Double Phoma Resistance giving strong resistance to Stem Canker
• Good Light Leaf Spot Resistance
• Early and Fast regrowth in Spring and early flowering
• High Yield and oil potential
• Pod Shatter Resistance
• Early maturity
Double Phoma Resistance
Pod Shatter Resistance
• Rapid Autumn growth habit – suitable for drilling up to mid September
• Seed rate should target an even plant stand of 25-30 plants/m2 in spring
• Double phoma resistance means phoma leaf spot thresholds for treatment may not be met until later in the autumn if at all.
• Light Leaf Spot should be monitored and treated as required..
• The rapid autumn growth habit means a PGR may be required in early/mid October on crops early sown or on fertile sites to reduce the risk of over development pre winter.
• The early and rapid spring growth habit means PGRs should be considered on forward crops and fertile sites or those with a history of lodging along with appropriate nitrogen rates to avoid oversize canopies. Ensure the Green Area Index is accurately determined at the start of spring growth.
• Pod Shatter Resistance reduces the risk of seed losses approaching and during harvest and will protect the crop where harvest is delayed
“DK Expedient is a restored hybrid selected as a Recommended List candidate for the East West region. It is capable of very high yields with very high oil content. It features pod shatter resistance, double phoma resistance, relatively short plant height and very rapid autumn and spring development along with extremely early maturity.”
DK Expedient is a fast developing hybrid in autumn so suits the main drilling window and late sowings. It has fast and early spring development with early flowering and early maturity in a mid plant height.
Early Maturity: 6
Earliness Flowering: 7
Plant Height: 152 cm
Lodging Resistance: 8
Stem Canker: 8
Light Leaf Spot: 6