• Seed rate should target an even plant stand of 25-30 plants/m2 in spring
• Double phoma resistance means phoma leaf spot thresholds for treatment may not be met until later in the autumn if at all.
• Light Leaf Spot should be monitored and treated as required.
• Ensure the Green Area Index is accurately determined at the start of spring growth to guide appropriate nitrogen rates for optimal canopy size. Lodging risk with DK Expansion is low but there may be a benefit from PGR use to optimise the canopy structure.
• Pod Shatter Resistance reduces the risk of seed losses approaching and during harvest and will protect the crop where harvest is delayed
DK Expansion has a rapid autumn development and suits the main drilling window and later sowings. It has mid earliness of spring development and later flowering. DK Expansion has a taller height with excellent lodging resistance.