• Seed rate should target an even plant stand of 25-30 plants/m2 in spring
• Double phoma resistance means phoma leaf spot thresholds for treatment may not be met until later in the autumn if at all.
• Light Leaf Spot should be monitored but strong resistance reduces the risk of severe infections.
• Ensure the Green Area Index is accurately determined at the start of spring growth to guide appropriate nitrogen rates for optimal canopy size. Lodging risk with DK Exclaim is low but there may be a benefit from PGR use to optimise the canopy structure.
• Pod Shatter Resistance reduces the risk of seed losses approaching and during harvest and will protect the crop where harvest is delayed
"DK Exclaim is a hybrid that has performed consistently well in DEKALB trials throughout Northern Europe. It has shown very high yield potential and features pod shatter resistance, double phoma resistance, excellent light leaf spot resistance and very high lodging resistance.”
DK Exclaim has a mid speed of autumn development to suits early drilling through to early September. It has a mid-late earliness of spring regrowth with later flowering and mid-late maturity. It is a taller variety with excellent lodging resistance.