DK Exception European blockbuster delivering yield stability, year after year DK Exception is a consistent performing hybrid suited to a wide range of farm situations
• Vigorous establishment and Rapid Autumn Growth
• Double Phoma Resistance giving strong resistance to Stem Canker
• Good Light Leaf Spot Resistance
• Mid earliness of spring regrowth with mid flowering
• High Yield and oil potential
• Pod Shatter Resistance
Double Phoma Resistance
Pod Shatter Resistance
• Medium-Rapid Autumn growth habit – suitable for drilling up to early September
• Seed rate should target an even plant stand of 25-30 plants/m2 in spring
• Double phoma resistance means phoma leaf spot thresholds for treatment may not be met until later in the autumn if at all.
• Light Leaf Spot should be monitored and treated as required.
• The medium-rapid autumn growth habit means a PGR may be required in early/mid October on very forward crops to reduce the risk of over development pre winter.
• The fast spring growth habit means PGRs should be considered on forward crops and fertile sites or those with a history of lodging along with appropriate nitrogen rates to avoid oversize canopies. Ensure the Green Area Index is accurately determined at the start of spring growth.
• Pod Shatter Resistance reduces the risk of seed losses approaching and during harvest and will protect the crop where harvest is delayed
“DK EXCEPTION is a good choice for growers throuhout the UK. It has given outstanding gross output over a wide range of UK and European locations. It features pod shatter resistance and very high lodging resistance. Initial work suggests that it has improved Nitrogen Use Efficiency (NUE).”
DK Exception is a moderately rapid developing variety in the autumn which suits the main drilling window and late sowings in favourable conditions. It is mid-early in spring development with mid maturity and good lodging resistance.
Early Maturity: 5
Earliness Flowering: 7
Plant Height: 6
Lodging Resistance: 8
Stem Canker: 9
Light Leaf Spot: 6